Design the urban future both in Europe and in the Global South.
As Urban Planning Project Lead, your primary responsibility will be to manage complex urban planning projects, from project conception through final delivery, in global contexts.
Key components of this role include:
- Leading the team with excellent urban design and knowledge of current urban design and planning knowledge
- Foreseeing, understanding and planning in advance for the potential hurdles that come with executing complex projects around the globe.
- Examples could include communication challenges, limited or poor-quality data, or other challenges.
- Maintaining open, positive, and fruitful dialogues with the TSPA team, project partners, and clients
- Structuring project development processes including both spatial and urban design as well as policy input
- Conducting analysis of data pertaining to all possible inputs for an urban planning project, including spatial, sociological, economic, and other types of data
- Ensuring the timely and successful execution of project deliverables
- Assisting in the pursuit and acquisition of new business by developing proposals and presentations, communicating with potential partners and clients
The ideal candidate for this role will have a master in architecture, urban design, urban planning, or a related field, combined with 3-5 years professional experience, with 1-2 years’ experience in project management. Full proficiency in both written and spoken English is required; proficiency in German is a major plus, additional language knowledge in French, Russian, and Arabic are welcome.
Other requirements include:
- Passion for/openness to using new technologies to solve urban planning challenges across the world
- Passion for making the world a better place through urban planning
- Willingness to travel globally and interest in presenting projects and office
- Full proficiency with the standard software packages for the urban planning and design project pipeline